Re: realaudio - clarifying things

"T. V. Raman" <ramantv@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The G2 player is available for Linux as an alpha version
> --wish you luck in tracking it down on their goofy site

http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html

Will get you the alpha version.

> ESD is not far enough along for using with something like a TTS engine
> yet.

Well, it can deal with blasting lots and lots of audio through it, so it
might be worth a try.  I think someone was working on making ViaVoice use
it as an input source, I don't know if anyone is working on an output one
though.  The esd api is... interesting though.

-bp