Re: Need Help for Linux/EmacSpeak Install At Install Fest in Bethesda, Md

   Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 06:55:52 -0700 (PDT)
   From: "T. V. Raman" <ramantv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   Cc: emacspeak List <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    raman@xxxxxxxxxxx using -f

   >>>>> "srajiv" == srajiv  <srajiv@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

       srajiv> Hi, I am a lay computer user who has signed up
       srajiv> for Saturday's Linux Install Fest in Bethesda,
       srajiv> Maryland. I am planning to install EmacSpeak
       srajiv> 11.0 with Linux. I will also be needing a
       srajiv> software synthesizer, ViaVoice Outloud from IBM
   The emacspeak install itself should not be a problem.

   When installing Linux and selecting what packages to install
   make sure you pick all emacs related packages
   --including the emacs lisp libraries  --redhat tries to tell
   you they are optional--

   2) As for ViaVoice
   (likewise for the rest of this)
   I suggest you pull down the emacspeak distribution before
   the install fest and look through it --
   there is a file called Notes in the linux-outloud directory
   that tells you what else you need and where you can get them
   --including the Viavoice rpms.

Anyone: Where can I pick up a speech synth and/or ViaVoice?
CompUSA?

   Finally, sound card support on laptops under Linux an be
   iffy  to avoid embarassing yourself make sure that your
   laptops sound card is supported *before* the install fest.

I'd like to install emacspeak too--at the Install-Fest: I have a Compaq Presario
--see if we can install it on mine too if you can--if you can't put it
on yours.

       srajiv> (I don't know whether I should obtain this
       srajiv> product before I arrive). I wanted to give
       srajiv> anyone who can help a heads up in advance so
       srajiv> that I can be well prepared for the process on
       srajiv> Saturday. Also, I would like to inform you that
       srajiv> I will be bringing my Toshiba 335 Satellite
       srajiv> laptop which is currently running Windows 98.

       srajiv> I would appreciate your prompt reply on how best
       srajiv> to ensure that the process runs smoothly.

       srajiv> Regards,

       srajiv> Rajiv Shah

       srajiv> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
       srajiv> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
       srajiv> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
       srajiv> of "unsubscribe" or "help"

   WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
   PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc

I hope to meet you Rajiv at the install-fest!

;-)