Emacspeak and VMWare

Your message below fails to say if
the JFW session running under vmware is using the same synth
as emacspeak
--that would explain the gibberish coming down --I'd be far
more prepared to believe that than to assume that vmware
simply sends things down the serial port.

You can disable speech in a specific buffer in emacspeak using C-e d q
--precede it with  a C-u to disable speech in all buffers.

WWW:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc