Re: Unidentified subject!

As a new person to Linux I share many of the frustrations expressed on both
sides of the fence.  Anns comments last week were right on the money.
However, so were Greg's.

People shouldn't be ridiculed if they can't, won't or simply choose not to
take the time to read through documentation.  However, let's be fair, the
emacspeak documentation ... maybe could use a brush up.

I'm willing and anxious to get my system p and running.  I've spent a year
now with the Redhat CD and although part of my problem included moving
across country ... the level of Linux know how you need to simply get the
system up is pretty intense.

As with most volunteer projects, 20% of the people do 80% of the work.  So,
to the other 80% of the "experts" who either ignore or thumb their noses at
newbies, remember you weren't born with the skills you have now.  To
newbies, myself included, read through prior posts, when someone refers you
to a page check it out and spend some time trying to understand what they're
saying.  Because Linux isn't intended for the casual computer user, no
investment of effort up front will result in escalating frustration down the
road.

I'll stop rambling now.