Re: Sound car question

Larry -

I can suggest four approaches to finding interrupts and I/O ports for
sound cards or other devices:

1 - Under Windows, watch for boot messages.  They may flash by pretty
quickly.  There is a way to process only one startup command at a time
- I think you have to hit F8 at some critical time during booting.

2 - Run the Windows "system" manager (Start | settings | control panel
| system), select the "device manager" tab, scroll down to the "sound,
video, and game controllers" item, expand the listing if
necessary by clicking the "+", select the device, click on
"properties", and select the "resources" tab.

3 - Under Linux, check the boot messages using dmesg

4 - Under Linux, check /proc/pci.  This may be more informative if the
kernel was compiled with CONFIG_PCI_NAMES.

    - Jim Van Zandt