RE: A few questions about Emacspeak

Hi,
Here are several answers to your questions.
>===== Original Message From "Kiran Kaja" <kk12@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>Hello,
>
>I am a new member on this list. I am an undergraduate student from India. I
>have installed Emacspeak 13.0 and IBM ViaVoice on RedHat Linux 6.2. I have a
>few questions.
>
>1. How do I change the rate of speech globally in Emacspeak. C-e D R seems
>to change it locally.

c-u c-e d r
although there is a command to be put into your .emacs file.

>2. Does Emacspeak allow for reviewing the screen without moving the
>insertion point?

I don't think this is possible.

>3. Is there a command in Emacspeak which allows for continuous reading to
>the end of the buffer?

c-e (
you will be prompted for the unit of text to be read. Select "to the end of
buffer".

>4. Where can I get a complete list of Emacspeak commands?

There are a lot of commands, this is true. Use Emacspeak's help by pressing
cc-h c-e. To get a specific help on a particular mode use c-e c-m.

>5. Are tutorials available for learning the Emacs editor? If so where can I
>find them?

The very basic tutotrial is available nby pressing c-h t.

Enjoy,
Victor