Re: Reading continuously

          Hi Ann,

here is attached file with small Elisp program which do what You want.
But it works only if You can provide a program accepting text on stdin
and producing speech output.  That program will be started on every
sentence to speak.

Load the file into your Emacs and type

M-x apropos <RET> ^read-book <RET>

to get help on all this stuff.

AP> Hi all,
AP> Sure, be happy to do so, if I can find what I'm a-lookin' for already
AP> exists, I'll be happy to write an explanation.

AP> Let me tell you all again what I'm looking for in the simplist terms.

AP> 1.  A command in emacs/emacspeak that will read continuously and move
AP>     the cursor as it reeds so that when you stop it, you can insert a
AP>     bookmark.

AP> 2.  A bookmark feature so that one can return to ones place in a long
AP>     file.  (This is available)

AP> 3.  The ability to tell emacspeak to continue reading outloud
AP>     continuously from the bookmark.

AP> In short, I want a Linux Readit program, please, or a combination of
AP> commands that will allow me to do the same things in Linux I can do in
AP> DOS.

AP> Thanks,
AP> Ann P.

AP> --
AP> 			Ann K. Parsons
AP> email:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxx 			ICQ Number:  33006854
AP> WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
AP> "All that is gold does not glitter.  Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT

Regards, -- Dmitry

read-book.el