Re: Patch: Allow Emacspeak to work with 8-bit characters

    TVR> I've checked in updated emacspeak.el and dtk-tcl.el that define
    TVR> option emacspeak-unibyte

Thanks.

    TVR> --by default this is set to t.  To run emacspeak under
    TVR> multibyte emacs, set this variable to nil before you start
    TVR> emacspeak --i.e. in your .emacs.

Janusz is right that setting the variable according to the setting of
English language environment is not correct.  But setting it to t still
doesn't look well to me, I think the following default value might be
better:

  (not default-keyboard-coding-system)

This way it should be set to t iff a user prefers (either directly or
implicitly via his language environment) other encoding than ASCII.

    TVR> I've not added the quail related patches because they spread
    TVR> quail dependencies in a lot of places in the emacspeak-advice
    TVR> module--

The quail related thing is not dependent on quail, it works even when
quail is not present.  It handles the following problem: When one uses a
quail based keyboard, Emacspeak reads not only the character that
actually appears in the buffer, but also the English keyboard characters
generating it, which is very annoying.  Again, I think you can apply the
patch without affecting quail non-users in any way while helping quail
users.  Could you please apply it?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal