Re: ViaVoice ECI and CD recording

thanks barry.

I think you're on the right track with the suggestion of running sox
to convert from .AU to .CDR format.

i tried this eagerly but, the CD player still refuses to even spin the
disk.

i'm using CDRW disks so, my next idea is to try CDR as i understand
CDRW is not supported on certain players.

this player is a new sony so, i'm surprised if it tyrns out to require
stamped disks or CDR disks.

really though, i just want it working.

as far as testing the disks on the drive i burned them on.  i've never
played audio on this computer which is a red hat 6.1 box with
soundblaster 16 and a SCSI burner.  if i learn of how to do it, i'll
check this too.

once it is working, i may indeed want to have those utilities you
created.

will advise.