Re: Emacspeak and Via Voice

In addition to Doug's good advice below, you need one of the libraries
from lesstif, as I recall. I do not recall which one it is. I, myself,
simply install lesstif using the rpm that Redhat provides to take care of
this requirement.

In any case, I also suggest you follow the installation advice Raman
provides in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-outloud/NOTES. In
particular, test your ViaVoice installation through the command line
scripts that ViaVoice installs to make sure that ViaVoice is working
before you launch emacspeak with ViaVoice as the speech server.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@xxxxxxxxxxx		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp