Re: Where can I find the new w3 in an RPM?

Sorry. I can convert .rpm to tgz. but I don't know how to do the reverse
or if it can be done. I did not see a .rpm for w3 either. does not mean
that there is not one somewhare. But don't you have the tar program in
redhat linux? just do:

tar -zxvf w3-.tar.gz from your /usr/src directory and the go into your w3
dir that the tar program makes and run make and make install. or does this
just work only on slackware. I am curious. How come so many blind people
are using redhat linux, anyway. Isn't slackware easier to work with
because everything is plain vanilla. Also you get a speakup kernel when
you install slackware right out of the box. Do you get a speakup kernel
when you run redhat? can a totally blind person install redhat linux
without having a second computer running in dos as a dumb terminal, say
running telix or procomm? interesting, indeed.

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@xxxxxxxxxxx