[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
emacspeak / outloud - not talking
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: emacspeak / outloud - not talking
- From: "Donald Raikes" <draikes_linux@hotmail.COM>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:51:45 -0800
- Resent-Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:57:41 -0500 (EST)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"QhTM-B.A.NvE.2avY8"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I just installed SuSe linux this week on a compaq
I downloaded and installed emacspeak-15.0, and
I downloaded and installed tcl-8.3.4, and
tclx-8.3.2 as well.
When I go to the ViaVoice folder and try the
runcmdlinespeak program, it speaks fine. However, when I edit the /etc/profile
file and add the necessary lines, and then try emacspeak, I get
I have a dectalk-express, so I re-edited the
/etc/profile file to change to dtk-exp instead of outloud, added the environment
variables, and tried emacspeak successfully.
Any ideas as to why the outloud tts isn't
Thanks very much in advance!!