Re: alsa-project question

As far as I know, the ensoniq sound cards are already supported with
the modules in 2.2 and later kernels. Have you tried using sndconfig
to configure your sound card?

You seem to be having problems with many things which are usually
handled by kernel modules (ehternet cards, sound cards and usb ports)
- you probably need a 2.4.x kernel to use usb stuff reliably, but hte
ethernet and sound stuff should work with 2.2.x kernels (as long as
the ethernet card is a true "generic" card. Maybe check your
/var/log/messages file and see if the system is having problems
necessary lines are in there to load the required modules etc.

Tim
Jude DaShiell writes:

> I have an ensonic sb16 card on the linux box and went over to
> alsa-project.org site and still can't figure out what files to download and
> install.  If I can't get the generic ethernet card or the tape backup unit
> working on the linux box without recompiling the kernel and the usb cd
> burner won't work under any circumstances I may as well get a dial up
> connection going and have sound at least.
>
> Jude <dashiell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered

Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx