debian emacspeak 15 package

Has anyone successfully installed the Debian emacspeak 15 package? I did
this on a clean system, e.g. no previous versions of emacspeak
installed, and got some truly strange errors. For a start, the xsl
directory wasn't there at all, and w3 refused to work with some kind of
outloud-style error, which I can't remember at the moment. Was this a
weird problem on my system? Am I perhaps going mad?