Re: problem installing viavoice

Not 100% sure why you get all the emacs versions - probably a
dependency thing with Debian - keep in mind that Debian woody is still
a 'testing' version and probably does not replace existing emacs
packages which are part of 'potato'. I believe you can remove the
emacs19, emacs20 etc - though its probably a bit of a hassle. I have
so much disk space on my system at work, I've been lazy and have not
bothered about it.

With respect to ViaVoice - I believe Raman posted something about no
longer needing the ViaVoice SDK to install emacspeak 15. - I assume it
must now come with a compiled version of the shared library needed to
run ViaVoice. I had already installed emacspeak 14 before and so had
the SDK already on the system, so I cannot confirm any of this.

I guess give it a go and see!

Tim

Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx