emacspeak/speakup

Hi- I have just installed RedHat 8.0 on my new computer. I have a DecTalk
Express external synteziser.

I want to use emacspeak for most of my work, but depend on a few other
 programs (like Lynx and pine) that does not run under emacspeak.
In other words: I want to access some programmes external to emacspeak.
Is it possible to switch between emacspeak and speakup without rebooting?
Thanks in advance.

Halgeir Holthe

--
Halgeir Holthe, Tirilbakken 11  9100 KVALOEYSLETTA
Telefon: (47) 776 52 174