Re: strange reaction with emacspeak18 and ffap

the bug was being caused by ffap passing an overlay with nil values
for start and end.
I've checked in a fix  --you should be able to do a cvs update and get
the fix.

Personally I use ffap with the  ffap-require-prefix turned on --also
you should be able to hit enter on a url in the mail buffer to make it
open it.

    Yvonne> At Fri, 2 May 2003 20:03:07 -0700, T V Raman wrote:
    >>

    >> probably being triggered by the new voice lock engine in the
    >> context of overlays.
    >>
    >> Please enumerate the exact steps needed to reproduce the
    >> problem, including the specific customization for ffap.  I use
    >> ffap but I probably have highlighting turned off.

    Yvonne> Ok, first, everything is at standard settings. I never
    Yvonne> bothered to customize it, since it basically worked the
    Yvonne> way I wanted it to.

    Yvonne> So, to get the bug, i do the following. I'm reading
    Yvonne> email. I switch to the buffer the message is in, type
    Yvonne> ffap-menu, and select a choice from the list it gives me.

    Yvonne> Ffap runs browse-url, and the URL gets brought up in
    Yvonne> w3m. This also happens if browse-url's set to w3, so that
    Yvonne> isn't it, <grin>.

    Yvonne> So I read that, then go back to reading mail. Do the same
    Yvonne> thing again on another message, and I get the personality
    Yvonne> error.

    Yvonne> Hmm, what else can I mention? I'm using emacs21 from
    Yvonne> Debian, if that makes any difference.

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
AIM: TVRaman
PGP:    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc