re: emacspeak 18.0 problems and questions.

Hello all:
Normally I like to chase things up, but I am  in a slight hurry as I have
some work I must complete.  My applogies if these questions may seem to be
thoughtless.

I have just installed slackware 9.0 and emacspeak 18 and found when I
enter emacspeak, and code in HTML etc that the voices for quotation don't
appear to be working.  In previous versions emacspeak would go to a
different voice when reading text in quotation marks.  How can I get
emacspeak 18 to perform this way?
My final question and problem is this:
I installed the fonix  DECtalk software and when I   run the dtk-soft
script in the servers directory receive a starting TTS and segmentation
error.  I susspect that this is a problem with the libraries, but am not
sure as when I run the "say" program things work as they should. Any
suggestions on how to get around this problem would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Mark Muscat