emacspeak-18, emacs20.7 and puthash

probably time to upgrade emacs --though I'm surprized that 20.7
doesn't have puthash.>>>>> "RAYNER" == RAYNER Peter <peter.rayner@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    RAYNER> On Saturday I grabbed the emacspeak-18 distrib from
    RAYNER> sorceforge and did the familiar make config ... then make
    RAYNER> emacspeak to generate make[1]: Entering directory
    RAYNER> `/home/ray060/local/emacspeak/lisp' emacs -batch -q
    RAYNER> -no-site-file -l
    RAYNER> /home/ray060/local/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-load-path.el
    RAYNER> -l /home/ray060/local/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-loaddefs.el
    RAYNER> -l /home/ray060/local/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el
    RAYNER> -f batch-byte-compile dtk-speak.el While compiling
    RAYNER> toplevel forms in file
    RAYNER> /home/ray060/local/emacspeak/lisp/dtk-speak.el: !!
    RAYNER> Symbol's function definition is void ((puthash))

    RAYNER> I notice puthash isn't in the elisp manual I have (I
    RAYNER> *hope* the right one for emacs20.7) but *is* there in
    RAYNER> later versions, has this been folded back into elisp from
    RAYNER> the common-lisp support?

    RAYNER> Is it time to upgrade emacs or did I forget something in
    RAYNER> the set-up?  thanks in advance Peter

    RAYNER> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
    RAYNER> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    RAYNER> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
    RAYNER> "unsubscribe" or "help"

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
AIM: TVRaman