Re: Install issues Debian-Eflite on Toshiba 1625 CDT

OK, that didn't quite work either, but at least its bringing up an
n-curses version of emacs,instead of an x version.  It also boots up much
faster as a consequence.

By the numbers, here are my responses to the emacspeakconfig script:
Synthesizer: o (other)
synth name: flite
TCL script?: y
flite speech server: speech-server <== Is that the right one?
	Other executable choices in that path include:
	tts-lib.tcl, dtk-exp, outloud,
	speech-server, dtk-mv, remote-tcl
serial port:  n
device: /dev/dsp <== Is that right?  How do I know?
audio grup members: hesco

Results:
The speech server is not running.
Buffer *scratch* has no process.

then it takes akill (emacspeak pid) to reclaim the console it ran in, as
C-x C-c doesn't work for some reason.

What should I try now?

-- Hugh