Re: DECtalk Software TTS still mute on this Debian Woody system

Tim,

Here's the result of running your Makefile in my
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/software-dtk" directory.
The only change I made was from 'tclx' to 'tclx8.3' in the 'LIBS='
line.  I did not touch the header files that came with Fonix DECtalk.
I have gcc-2.95 and gcc-3.0 on this machine.

What now?

-Dave

debian:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/software-dtk# make tcldtk.so
gcc -g -fpic  -pedantic -ansi -Wall   -c -o tcldtk.o tcldtk.c
In file included from tcldtk.c:27:
/usr/local/include/dtk/ttsapi.h:194: unterminated character constant
tcldtk.c:71: warning: string constant runs past end of line
make: *** [tcldtk.o] Error 1