Re: Emacspeak, gnus and bbdb.

--text follows this line--

I suspect the keymaps are getting set up in the wrong order when you
pull in bbdb under your emacs configuration.

In module emacspeak-gnus.el look for function
(defun emacspeak-gnus-setup-keys ()

and within that function comment out these two lines:

<comment>
(when (boundp 'gnus-article-mode-map)
    (emacspeak-keymap-remove-emacspeak-edit-commands
gnus-article-mode-map))
</comment>

there may be some bizarre interaction between the keymaps that is
causing  your problem. Note however that  the problem is not
emacspeak, because if the keymaps get set up in the right order the
above code works correctly.

    Sergei> Hello Tim and others.

    TC> Actually, I've observed the same thing. However, I don't think
    TC> bbdb has anything to do with it and I've not tried without
    TC> emacspeak running. I noticed this behavior after upgrading to
    TC> gnus 5.10.6 I did not observe this behavior with the version
    TC> of gnus which coems with emacs 21.3.

    Sergei> I tried emacs 21.3 with the same results. When bbdb is not
    Sergei> loaded for gnus everything works in usual fashion.

    Sergei> By the way, i just tried running emacs with yasr enabling
    Sergei> bbdb support for gnus and everything worked well. So i
    Sergei> still think that the problem is in emacspeak.

    Sergei> With best regards,

    Sergei> Sergei.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    TVRaman