Re: Software Speech (Re: ibm tts run-time engine purchasing alternatives)

I still see a reasonable number of crashes - far less than with the
software dectalk and probably about the same as the old ViaVoice I was
using prior to the c++ library changes (was that version 4.
something?).

funny enough, I seem to have been getting fewer crashes with the OSS
emulation layer than with the direct ALSA supported version, though
that is a bit subjective and I really need to quantify that.

For me, the crashes seem to occur if I'm moving the cursor around very
quickly and speech is getting interrupted - I've not noticed any
difference when other sound streams are being processed. However I'm
using the SB Live sound card on both the systems I'm running on.

Tim