Re: running Emacspeak speech servers without a tcl interpreter

load libtclx.so works.

The problem however is that now you have a maintainance nightmare
with what the first line of the script should be.

Long time ago this was easier because emacspeak used two separate
settings dtk-tcl and dtk-program (for this very reason) -- but
since every thing was using tcl I made things simpler about 3
years ago.

--Raman

    James> Here, a server starting
    James>
    James> #!/usr/bin/tclsh package require tclx
    James>
    James> fails with the message "can't find package tclx"
    James>
    James> The Debian maintainer suggested "package require Tclx"
    James> (with upper case T), but that segfaults here.
    James>
    James> Does either of these work for you?
    James>
    James>          - Jim Van Zandt
    James>
    >> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:30:19 -0800 Cc:
    >> raman@xxxxxxxxxxx, emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx Reply-To:
    >> raman@xxxxxxxxxxx From: "T. V. Raman"
    >> <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    >>

    >> Well, you should be able to run the server by adding the
    >> line package require tclx
    >>
    >> once we can confirm this works, it is easy enough to add
    >> an if statement to the tcl files that checks for tcl
    >> version and pulls in the shared library.

    >> --
    >> Best Regards, --raman

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx