Re: Looking for a boot disk for the Dectalk PC2

    t> The final thing to check in Gary's case, make sure there are
    t> speakers connected, and that the volume knob on the card is
    t> turned up.

Thanks for all the suggestions; if I can recreate a boot disk it will
probably be the best litmus test.  I think it is rare that any audio
hardware would work at the software level yet not work at the audio
output so I'm hoping that either I have a corrupt driver or I'm missing
one in the collection I have.

and yes, the speaker box was tested by plugging it into the Accent; it
is most suspicious that this box makes the usual scratch when inserted
into any other audio system (as the points short) yet it makes no
sound whatsoever when inserted or removed from the powered-up DecTalk
card.

old hardware is always such fun.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym at linux.ca>
"what I need is a job that doesn't interfere with my work"