Re: freetts

So here is your problem:

You have freetts running listening on 2222.
Now, you want emacspeak to start up something that connects to
the listening server.

Write a script that does this -- needn't be tcl, could be any
language.

What that script does: reads stdin --- and writes what it gets
there to port 2222 where your freetts is listening. Call that
freetts-local and make it executable.
Then  point env variable DTK_PROGRAM at it
and start emacspeak

    Yvonne> At Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:11:24 -0700, T V Raman wrote:
    >>

    >> just setup a script of your own that has the port etc
    >> hard-wired into it.
    Yvonne>
    Yvonne> Look, I just must be incredibly dense this morning,
    Yvonne> and I obviously don't understand what you're asking
    Yvonne> me to do.
    Yvonne>
    Yvonne> Freetts is already running on the Mac box in the
    Yvonne> background listening on port 2222. So what do I set
    Yvonne> DTK_PROGRAM to? I thought you needed
    Yvonne> emacspeak-remote-connect-to-server to get to
    Yvonne> something like this?

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman