DELIVERY FAILURE: User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in DominoDirectory

Your message

  Subject: Re: listing the most user friendly apps with emacspeak.

was not delivered to:

  whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx

because:

  User whchan (whchan@xxxxxxxxxxx) not listed in Domino Directory

Could not process part with Content-Type: message/delivery-status.

---- Begin included message ----
Steve Holmes writes ("Re: listing the most user friendly apps with emacspeak."):
> I'm still looking for a way to launch files from Dired and still be able
> to control the launched application.  Example: I activate an mp3 file
> from Dired and say, it launches mplayer.  I right now, cannot control
> mplayer once it is launched.  Dired still has focus.  Is there any way
> to get into mplayer and manipulate it and then quit to have control go
> back to Dired?
I do not know a general answer to your problem, but
in the case of mplayer, I use something like the following in my
.emacs file:

(defun ll-dired-do-with-filename (action &rest args)
  "Apply action to currently selected filename"
  (let ((filename (dired-get-filename nil t)))
	(if filename
		(apply action filename args)
	  (message "No file selected"))))

(when (featurep 'emacspeak)
  (define-key dired-mode-map "\C-cp"
	(lambda ()
	  (interactive)
	  (ll-dired-do-with-filename 'emacspeak-m-player))))

With this, you can do "C-c p" when on an mp3 file in dired and the
m-player integration of emacspeak will start. Do "C-h m" then to see
the available commands.
If you are only interested in the audio, make sure you have the
"novideo" option set in your mplayer configuration file. This should
prevent it from stealing focus when launched under X.

Best regards, Lukas