Re: listing the most user friendly apps with emacspeak.

Actually, would you please keep the responses on the list? I am most
interested in these developments as I tend to drag my feet when it comes
to doing much with Emacspeak due to configuration chalenges.  I find
mutt more easy to use but I use Speakup to run that natively of course.

I'm still looking for a way to launch files from Dired and still be able
to control the launched application.  Example: I activate an mp3 file
from Dired and say, it launches mplayer.  I right now, cannot control
mplayer once it is launched.  Dired still has focus.  Is there any way
to get into mplayer and manipulate it and then quit to have control go
back to Dired?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:12:26PM +0530, krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 25/10/06, Kalyan Mukherjea <kalyan.infinity@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hi Krishna,
> >I use VM to fetch and send electronic mail through gmail.com.
> hi, belated happy divali to all indians on the list (happy divali raman
> sir).
> >I  do not open the browser go to gmail.com but use ssl to download
> >mail from my gmail mailbox.
> can you please explain how you do it using emacspeak?  and how vm gets
> associated with your ssl downloading?
> can I also reply right out of vm to emails coming from gmail using
> your procedure?  or as some one suggested, should I go with pop3
> whichprobably is even supported by gmail?
> >Sending mail doesn't necessarily involve sendmail. The simplest
> >program that I know which does this with TLS verification (which gmail
> >requires) is `msmtp'.
> have you used this too?  if yes then I will be happy to follow your
> instructions.
> >You will have to add the following in your ~/.emacs:
> >
> >(setq sendmail-program "/usr/bin/msmtp")
> is that the only thing needed?  actually this is off topic so please
> email me off the list about how I can configure msmtp to send emails.
> rather I want to know how I can both send and recieve emails from
> gmail.  is it better to use pop3 with vm or ssh?  I am asking this
> specifically with reference to doing it within emacspeak desktop.
>
> >msmtp can be obtained using aptget for debian users and for FC there
> >are rpm's available.
> >
> >You should also consider demonstrating listening to BBC using
> >emacspeak command : `C-e :'.
> wow! thanks, I will do that.
> Please do email me off the list for my ansers Mr. Kalyan.

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/