auditory icons

Since auditory icons are the "in topic" I have a question:

When I started on Emacspeak it was version 17 and I had a lot of
trouble with these mainly because I don't have a multichannel sound
card and use flite+eflite for voice synthesis. But I recall that at
that time there was a command which would play all the icons in the
"icons directory". Now I do use auditory icons with  aplayer as the
icon player  but the only way of checking out which icon is what is to
open   the
"emacspeak-sounds-directory"
in a dired buffer and move down the buffer, check each file if it is a
sound file then run aplayer on it.

Not really the best way to remember what these sounds mean!

Any ideas?
Cheers.
Kalyan