Re: audio icons work everywhere except w3m.

Robert D. Crawford writes:

 > This works only if the tts supports it.  flite does _not_ support this
 > feature.  You are limited to the one voice, as far as I can tell.  As
 > far as I know, there are _no_ free tts engines that support this
 > feature.

Just for clarification and to avoid additional confusion....

Emacspeak supports two different approaches to indicating indentation.
If the TTS supports it, indentation can be indicated with a tone.
However, only the dectalk and ViaVoice (I think) support this
approach. The second way indentation is indicated is through spoken
words. If the TTS supports multiple voices, these words are spoken in
a different tone. All TTS should be able to speak the indentation.

Tim Cross
tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.