Re: setting punctuation mode globally does not seem to stick

having this problem gave me a good excuse to do some simplification I
have been intending for a while.  I have moved everything into my .emacs
file and stopped using the emacspeak script to start.  I have now
started having a new problem.

The outloud does not seem to honor the outloud-default-speech-rate.
Either that, or the outloud starts before the variable is set.  When
emacs starts, the speech is rather slow, as if the variable is not set.
If, after startup I check the value, it is 92 as it should be.  I did
have this set at the top of the .emacs file, right after doing the
load-file on the emacspeak-setup.el file and have set it with custom
with no change in behavior.

If I issue tts-restart, everything speeds up as it should.  The same is
true if I do C-e d r.

Concerning the punctuation mode, should I add  to the startup hooks
for gnus and message a call to set the punctuation mode?  I don't
remember having this problem before.

Thanks,
rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.