Re: no audio icons sound

OK. I suspect Pulse to be the suspect.

See the updated docs for the auditory icon function customization
option in svn.

    lsmithso> It works,as in the icon plays, but it frequently
    lsmithso> crashes the TTS, frequently enough to make it
    lsmithso> unusable.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> I tried all the functions with the following
    lsmithso> results:
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon - works, but crashes
    lsmithso> tts. emacspeak-native-auditory-icon - doesn't work,
    lsmithso> says 'back to top level' whenever an icon was
    lsmithso> expected. emacspeak-queue-auditory-icon - doesn't
    lsmithso> work, but TTS pauses for 1-2 seconds when icon was
    lsmithso> expected.
    lsmithso>

    lsmithso> T. V. Raman writes:

> [...]
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> Oralux ibmviavoice

    >> work >> in that setting
    lsmithso> No auditory icons work at all.
    lsmithso>

    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> Pulseaudio.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> If it makes a difference, I'm running on a 64-bit
    lsmithso> platform.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> BTW, (setq emacspeak-auditory-icon-function
    lsmithso> 'emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon) seems to frequently
    lsmithso> crash the TTS,so much so that I had to disable it.
    lsmithso>

    lsmithso> That worked! Thanks. > lsmithso> > >> Hello Les,

    >> 'emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon)

    >> variable, some of >> which may not work.

    lsmithso>