Re: no audio icons sound - SOLVED

Good catch I'll turn that into a customization option to avoid
this issue.

That "serve" for you crashes TTS is a sound-card/alsa/pulse issue
(likely a combination of the three)
    lsmithso> The default setting for emacspeak-play-args is
    lsmithso> "-n", but this is an invalid argument on the
    lsmithso> version of aplay installed on my new box. (aplay:
    lsmithso> version 1.0.25 by Jaroslav Kysela
    lsmithso> <perex@xxxxxxxxxxx>). Setting it to "-N" fixes it, and
    lsmithso> icons play reliably without error.