Re: Debian emacs-snapshot VM warning

From: "T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Debian emacs-snapshot VM warning
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:30:15 -0800

If your emacs 22 CVS snapshot is later than Feb 28th, I would expect you would
see the problem, unless you have not tried rebuilding VM since that date. Maybe
its something odd with the Debian specific mods or the Debian version of VM, I
don't know. However, the issue has been confirmed by multiple people, including
Romain Francois, the emacs-snapshot maintainer. The patch he provides fixes the
issue by disabling printing of circular data structures. The variable to do
this was added to the emacs sources in CVS around the 28th (from my
recollection of checking the lisp changelog).

If you don't see the issue, I guess we put it down to good luck or a sign of
approval from the elisp gods!

Tim