the emacspeak shell script was Re: Unable to make settings permanent

The emacspeak.sh script is legacy and not something I
recommend. I checked it in originally  because the Debian
maintainer wanted it, and I was trying to be helpful. But I've
never considered it useful --- it only makes things more
complicated by pretending to cover up how things work. That said,
if someone wants to maintain it and send patches against it,
that's always workable ---

Title:  Research Scientist
Email:  raman@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/