Re: Espeak Server Likes PulseAudio?

Well after two days of messing around and reading some write-ups for
ArchLinux concerning PulseAudio, I founhd a suggested configuration to
alter Pulse so it and ALSA function side by side now and I can use
Emacspeak, Speakup and Gnome with Speech Dispatcher without any speech
losses.  Also tim, I have not experienced any stability issues with
the emacspeak espeak server other than while I was battling with Pulse
and all.  It is using the pulse driver but I notice that espeak
natively is also calling up pulseaudio.c but what's strange is
espeakup does not; espeakup probably calls the espeak library function
directly and that appears to go through ALSA.  Anyway, I seem to have
all these environments working now and hopefully this "house of cards"
won't collaps on me:).  I sure wish the Linux sound system were a lot
simpler than all this.