Re: Emacspeak with eSpeak losing speech on Vinux 4

>From everything I have seen on this thread re espeak behavior, I
suspect that those who are seeing issues are seeing them due to
conflicts between pulse and alsa as usual.  One way to confirm
this is to turn off auditory icons; In cases where pulse causes
audio to degrade, it will typically bite when auditory icons are
on -- since emacspeak makes many, many calls to aplay in short
bursts depending on what you're doing.