Re: Emacspeak with eSpeak losing speech on Vinux 4

When you lose speech on the netbook, after hitting C-e C-s to restart
the espeak server, is it pretty stable then?

I've noticed on netbooks and other devices which are not a resource
rich, you can get additional instability, especially when first
starting. However, after re-starting the emacspeak speech server, it
isn't too bad.

To be honest, on any 32 bit system, I will always use ibmtts/outloud
rather than espeak. Outloud I think is a better quality tts and is much
better than espeak for emacspeak.

For speech-dispatcher, on 64 bit systems, espeak is really good and I'll
use espeak if I don't want to pollute my 64 bit system with a whole pile
of 32 bit libraries. While modern linux distros seem to handle mixed
32/64 bit libs, I think sticking with just 64 bit is probably going to
reduce the likelihood of problems.

My guess for the difference with your netbook will be due to the lower
performance and resources of the netbook.

Tim