auditory icons: dsp/midi

Greg --
couple of additions to your note --instead of running find
piped to grep in the shell do M-x find-grep-dired --another
useful emacs tools is find-name-dired

Also the play shell script  that comes with emacspeak should
be used as a last resort --
it's a fall back to the time when Linux did not have sound
tools installed by default a few years ago.
the /usr/bin/play that Linux installs by default is based on
sox and is  better because it knows about audio headers --

WWW: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/
PGP:    http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc