Re: Where can I find the new w3 in an RPM?

This ought to be obvious, but in case it isn't I would like to suggest
the following.

When installing an Emacs extension (W3, VM, etc.) from a compressed
tar archive:

1. Unpack the archive:
tar xfz filename.tar.gz

2. Change to the directory thus created (usually the same as filename
   but without the .tar.gz suffix).

3. Read the README file.

4. Read the installation instructions (by convention these are
   provided in a file named INSTALL - note the case of the above
   filename).

5. Follow the installation instructions.

Note that installation instructions and other documentation are
provided for your benefit and if you read them carefully the number of
problems and frustrations you experience will decline significantly.