Re: DAISY reader et al

Hi all,

I understand your unwillingness to get into propriatary software,
Raman, but that leaves us in the dust.

I have tried, for example, to read txt files using emacspeak.  It
works OK, but I have not figured out how to implement the bookmark
feature yet.  I am, as I said, looking for *something* in Linux that
would have the ease and the strengths of Readit.  If you are unwilling
to write code for a DAISY reader, would you perhaps be interested in
writing a text reader whose purpose would be merely to read text files
in a consistent manner, have easily implemented bookmarks, would
return to the latest one automatically, and would possibly have cut
and paste features as well?

If not, could you suggest ways I might do this in emacs?

<smile>  Yes, I am willing to read the docs, but where should I look,
and what is it called?  I want to read txt files continuously.  I want
to stop on a dime, and I want to return to that point after exiting
and reentering the book.

I dunnow about DAISY stuff.  I haven't tried the bookshare stuff yet,
but intend to at some point I guess.

thanks for reading.

Ann P.

--