Re: DAISY reader et al

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my previous message. one of the things
I've done when reading, for example, books in emacs, is do a
search/replace for whatever the  chapter heading is, e.g. if it's chapter
1, do a search for chapter with a space after it.

You replace it with the same text with an asterisk or * character in
front of it. Put the buffer in outline mode and then you can just hit
ctrl-n to go to the next chapter or ctrl-p to go to the previous
chapter.

I use this sttrategy for a few things, including reading stuff from a
program called sitescooper which grabs newspapers and stuff for
me. Every story starts with a * sign, so I can just skip from one to
another. So much so that I've actually set text mode to automatically
have outline minor mode set as well.

This probably isn't actually useful to anyone else, since I've been
using emacs for so long now I've got my own weird ways of doing things,
but I thought I'd mention it in case. You never know, after all, <grin>.