Re: DAISY reader et al

Hi. Thank you very much for the valuable information. I understand
what you're saying about support. We really do need to watch
out. Until the day comes when we can colonize the stars and, then,
possibly, set up a colony just of those, who want to be there, who
have special needs, we don't need to run rough-shod over what is
provided.

Thank you very much for the information on the O'riley books. I will
look at their site and contact them soon about their books. That
sounds good. I don't mind plane text files. I started out in the early
days of computing's popularity when almost all you had was either a
binary file, which usually was a program, sound, configuration file
etc, and a text file which was the stuff you read. The first time you
tried to turn a speech synthesizer loose on one of those binary files,
you learned real quick that, unless you wanted to hear all that mess,
you left those alone except for their intended use. Therefore, I don't
mind that format at all.

Once more, I would like to tell you that I appreciate your
help. Thanks one more time.

Sincerely:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,