Using emacspeak with speech-dispatcher

T. V. Raman writes:

 > If you can separate out ssml-voices, generic-voices from the
 > cepstral stuff, and email a pointer to the resulting tarball,
 > I'll integrate that in for starters.

Already done. The lisp code (generic-voices.el, ssml-voices.el) doesn
not contain anything specific to cepstral. That is all contained in
the tcl script.

 > Given that the cepstral stuff is broken, I dont think it should
 > go into the overall package, it will only serve to generate
 > questions via email.

Yep, I agree. However, note that its not really 'broken'. It will
still work with the older Cepstral Theta TTS engine. It just won't
work with the newer Cepstral Swift TTS engine. So, anyone who has an
older version would be able to use it. Given that this is likely to
cause confusion for people I agree it probably shouldn't be
included. I would still like to do a new TCL shared library which uses
the swift API at some point. If the generic-voices.el, ssml-voices.el
and the modified dtk-speak.el files are integrated into emacspeak
already, it will be easy to add support for swift.

The URL for the tar archive is

http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~tcross/cepstral-theta-2.0.tar.gz

and the url for the updated software dectalk stuff is at

http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~tcross/software-dtk-hack-2.0.tar.gz

Tim