Re: Error: Could not load libibmeci.so

Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> the stutter problem can probably be sorted by tweaking the parameters
> in the .asoundrc file.

Is there any easily understood documentation on what the values should
be,, more importantly, what they should not be, and the like?  It is not
clear to me what all the settings do.  I looked at what is returned by
your utility and what the settings are in the .asoundrc file, and most
of them are the same. As I mentioned before, I changed the one that was
not the same, but it seemed to make no difference.

I also notice that there are values returned that are not listed in the
asoundrc file.  Should I add these?  Seems that what is being done now
is to use defaults.  It is useable now, and I notice only a few issues:

1.  The overlapping text being spoken.  If one bit of text is being
    spoken and another starts before the first finishes, there is
    overlap creating unintelligible output.

2.  Sometimes there is a bit of scratch to the output.  This is a _very_
    minor thing.  I only mention it for completeness.

3.  I no longer have my beep when going over blank lines.  I figure this
    is an issue that can easily be resolved with a bit of reading, I
    just haven't taken the time.

> However, also try resetting the system settings with C-e d R. After
> starting emacspeak and the startup message has completed, hit C-e d R
> and see if that stops the stutter.

This did not work for me, but I will keep it in mind for the future.

Thanks,

rdc