Re: Changing pronunciations and saving them.

"T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So why do you believe that "e" for edit implies multiple
> dictionaries?

Not necessarily implies, just that it asks for the dictionary you wish
to edit... could be taken to mean that there are multiple dictionaries.
I just think of it as one dictionary.

> In some sense you do have multiple dicts -- one per mode etc --
> but that does not imply multiple dictionary files

It is just my confusion.  I am not sure if I read something that led me
to believe it was possible to have multiple dictionary files, or if it
is something I just imagined.  Most likely, it is the latter.  I do see
how it might be useful, like in the case of someone like Gilles who is
multi-lingual.  Although I cannot think of any words off the top of my
head that this might be the case for, I am sure that there are words
that, although spelled the same would have different pronunciations
depending on whether one is using English or French.

Thanks for the clarification.  Nothing worse than having incorrect
knowledge, unless it is giving out that knowledge.

rdc