Re: Pronunciation in LaTeX mode

Kalyan Mukherjea <kalyan.infinity@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks! It works, but it is not very usable. It is a
> ELisp coding of what I do by hand and makes for slow progress.

Yeah, I figured.  I just thought this might allow you to concentrate
more on listening.

> I have not yet tried out the bells and whistles part of counting
> spaces because that would slow progress even further!  More
> explicitly, if a space was greeted by a simple `ding' then one could
> simply start at the beginning of the paragraph where there is a
> possible source of error (this is usually in math mode) start
> listening for an unexpected ding.

Not knowing anything about math in LaTeX, it seems that you are saying
that there would be _no_ spaces in these paragraphs.  Is this correct?

> But this is usable in emergencies: I'll try to write a toggle feature
> to it. Then I can bind it to a key and turn it off and on as required.

It wont work this way.  It works only on the current line.  If you want
it to read the whole paragraph, I can make it do that instead.

If you read sections at a time, such as lines or paragraphs, it might
work to have an auditory icon played if the section contains a whitespace
character.

> Let me try this myself --- it will focus my mind when I listen to Bob
> Chassells' book.

Good idea.  I find that sort of thing helps me sometimes as well.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

(null cookie; hope that's ok)