Success with IBM's outloud

T. V. Raman writes:
 > Did you bother reading the NOTES file in the linux-outloud
 > directory--

I certainly did bother to read the notes. How do you think I would install
Outloud support otherwise? My question was a bit different. Why does
Emacspeak have to use MIDI to produce auditory icons. Would these be
the same icons, I suppose not 'cos they are .au files. Also, the
current drivers for SB Live! do not seem to support
/dev/sequencer. Do you think MIDI icons would still work?

Regards,
Vic