punctuation modes

Thanks for the information. I always wondered when that punctuation
synching got done.

As for modifying modes, I don't think I need to go that far. I'm going
to be using the read mode line function a lot, though, since for some
reason I can't always rely on emacspeak to speak the mode line every
time I switch to or enter a buffer, no matter whether I silence the
speech or not. Might be a weirdness with Viavoice, although I can't
check, since my usual synthe died a horrible and grizzly death
recently. <mutters something about giving her right arm for a damned
hardware synthe under breath>.

Thanks again.