Re: emacspeak calculator?

   Isn't that a typo below?

Yes, as you say, it should have been:

   (dired "/ftp@xxxxxxxxxxx:/pub/gnu/calc" nil)

Thank you for catching this.

   Also, are you the Robert Chassell that wrote: "Introduction to GNU
   Emacs Lisp"?

Yes, I am he.  My apologies for taking so long to respond -- I am just
back from a long trip and very busy.  I hardly have time to look at
messages from this newsgroup.

   If so; its a pleasure to hear from, now that is an excellent
   manual.  I enjoyed every bit of it.

Thank you!

    It should be the first book mastered by every computer user and
    Emacspeak user.  It should be the first book used in grade school
    when first learning how to use or program a computer.

Please try to persuade you local school of this!  You might remind
them that in some places, students use software that they are
forbidden by law and practicality to study!  Even though we know that
students claim to hate studying, and that few will study software,
studying is important.

A school should always use software that students can study and
modify; it should avoid software tools that are proprietary, that come
without sources and without the legal right to study, copy, modify,
and redistribute.  A school that forbids studying betrays its mission.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  bob@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com